Want a filling meal that doesn’t leave you feeling heavy? These quinoa salad stuffed avocados are great for a quick bite that doesn’t leave you needing a nap.
- 1 Avocado
- 1/4 cup dry quinoa
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped spinach
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Cook the quinoa to package instructions and set aside.
- Dice the cilantro and spinach.
- Combine with mustard, lemon juice, honey, cumin, and garlic. Add one tablespoon of water to the dressing until it is homogenous. Add tomatoes and chickpeas to the quinoa.
- Pour dressing over the quinoa mixture until it is evenly coated. Cut the avocado in half and remove pit. Top with even parts of quinoa salad.