- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 cups water
- 1.5 cups dried figs – stems removed and halved
- 1 vanilla bean – seeds scraped and pod reserved
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 16 oz container fat free greek yogurt
- 1 oz (1/4 cup) pistachios
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring water to boil and stir in honey. Scrape the seeds from the vanilla bean and add both the seeds and the pod into the pot. Stir in the halved figs, top with a lid, and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add in the cherries and simmer another 15 minutes.
- Allow mixture to cool for 10 minutes and then place in refrigerator for 3 hours. Remove from refrigerator and layer the figs as well as their sauce with yogurt in glasses to create the parfaits. Top with chopped pistachios.