For some reason, I always misread “broccoli rabe” as “broccoli rave” which sounds a lot more fun, anyways. Nobody needs to be eating plain old steamed broccoli. Snooze. We tested this recipe out and our recipient was none the wiser about the buckwheat. Mwahaha. Rock out with your broccoli out.
- 1 cup REAL parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tsp olive oil or avocado oil
- ¼ cup buckwheat flour
- 1 head of organic broccoli or 1 bag frozen organic broccoli
- Sprinkles of nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Lay the greens in a casserole dish.
- Bake them for 15 minutes. Mix the cheese, oil, and flour and sprinkle evenly over the broccoli.
- Sprinkle with nutritional yeast.
- Continue to bake for another 15 minutes.
Image via Your Homebased Mom.