Acai bowls can drain your bank account faster than you can say “kale granola.” Buy your own frozen acai and make it at home to save some bucks so you can afford to invest in an Essence dietitian 😉
- 1 pack frozen acai (we like Sambazon) (use ½ pack per serving)
- 1 cup coconut milk (unsweetened) or cashew milk (unsweetened)
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- 1 TBSP raw cashews
- 1 tsp raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp hemp hearts
- 1 tsp ground flax seeds
- ¼ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- optional: 1 scoop protein powder (like Vega, or Raw Vegan)
- optional: 1 bunch organic kale
- optional: 1-2 tsp matcha powder
- Manuka honey, for drizzling
- Blend acai with coconut milk in a blender (+ kale, protein powder, and matcha if using).
- Pour into a deep bowl.
- Top with remaining ingredients and drizzle with organic Manuka honey.