It’s ALL about Almonds these days, no? Let’s give some love to sunflowers – a super seed full of manganese, selenium, phosphorus, magnesium, vitamin B6, folate, and niacin.These vegan, protein-packed muffins are a perfect grab-and-go breakfast or afternoon snack.
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 cups rolled gluten-free oats
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1.5 cups unsweetened almond or hemp milk
- 5 mashed, ripe bananas + 1 for topping
- 0.5 cups sunflower seed butter
- Grease a 12 cup muffin tray with coconut oil.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Press one slice of extra banana into each cup on top.
- Place rack on center and bake for 25 minutes.
- Turn the broiler on for 2-3 minutes at the end.
- Allow muffins to cool; remove; and store in airtight container. Store in refrigerator.