Sick of salmon? Don’t tell the other dietitians, sometimes we are as well. Unless you happen to live near a fresh fish market (we don’t), there seem to be slim pickings sometimes at the grocery store. Luckily, there are other fish in the sea (har)! We opted for this trout dinner and we were hooked, line, and sinker. Done with the fish analogies. Bye.
- 2 fresh trout fillets
- Olive oil or avocado oil
- Chopped raw pecans, ½ cup
- Sea salt, 1 tsp
- Pepper, ½ tsp
- Sage, to sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Brush fillets with oil.
- Toss pecans with salt, pepper, and a sprinkle of sage.
- Dip trout fillets into mixture.
- Place another sheet of aluminum foil over trouts to seal in moisture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Image via Relish.