After a long day of swimming upstream like a salmon, don’t you just want a comforting meal?
Stuffed Salmon Ingredients
- 2, 0.5 pound wild salmon filets. If frozen, thaw for 12-24 hours in the refrigerator before use.
- 2.75 cups kale, swiss chard, or spinach
- 1 TBSP olive oil or avocado oil
- dash sea salt
- ½ tsp sage
- 1 cup basil, chopped or 2 TBSP dried basil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup organic goat cheese
- ½ cup slivered almonds, unsalted
- lemon squeeze
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a casserole dish with olive oil or avocado oil.
- Grease a skillet with oils as above and place greens in pan; saute until wilted. Add dash of sea salt.
- Turn off heat; add goat cheese and mix.
- Incompletely bisect the salmon filets (cut halfway but not all the way through). Set aside.
- Spoon pan mixture into the salmon filets.
- Place filets into the casserole dish. Season with sea salt and sage.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Add slivered almonds for the last 5 minutes and allow to broil.
- Squeeze lemon juice over filets before serving.
Image via Once Upon a Recipe Blog.