My FAVORITE Bites
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. These are a few of my favorite things… but when it comes to food, here’s the situation: I’m in love with food. I love how it heals, it pleases, it satisfies, it nourishes, it inspires, and how it is ALIVE. You should always opt for Earth-Foods; foods that come from the Earth and that were once living.
Remember, dietitians are HUMAN. The things you’ll find on this list may not be as “clean” or “healthy” as you would like, but remember — without healthy indulgence, comes deprivation, and then OVERindulgence.
In heaven, there will be a conveyor belt of the following + cavalier puppies:
- Fresh figs – SO hard to come by as the season is short, but I wig out/fig out when they are in season.
- Vegan truffles – from the likes of Cold Pressed Raw; you won’t believe they’re made of nuts, dates, spices, and nutritionist love.
- Unsweetened cashew milk– mostly in my coffee <3
- Zumba SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE Protein Powder – The cleanest, vegan, probiotic, enzyme powder in the game. And you may start merengueing afterward in a true Zumba fashion. Available in my office.
- Essence Bars and Essence Crunch – Your dietitian created energy bars and snacks with a renowned chef. Did I just make your dream come true? Yep. Available online soon, available in my office RIGHT MEOW.
- Sauteed mushrooms
- Sweet potato mash
- Nutella – Ma raison d’etre (reason for being). Spread on warm Zak the Baker bread and topped with cinnamon and strawberries? Goodbye, world.
- Brie cheese – But only in Switzerland or France. Essence dietitian snob alert.
- Buckwheat pancakes – I make these better than anyone on the planet. If you become a client, maybe I’ll bring them to the office for you 😉
- Navy Bean Soup – The one thing I miss about the hospital cafeteria. Literally just a can of navy beans, a spice blend, and vegetable broth.
- Kombucha – Drinkable probiotics with fizz? Yes, please.
- Ginger – I am gaga over this potently anti-inflammatory spice. You’ll find me plucking the yellow pickled kind off of everyone’s sushi plates with no shame.
- Pizza – does this need an explanation? Picks in Miami: Harry’s Pizzeria and Ironside [gluten-free crust available!!!]